Looking for a space to study? Lakehead University Library offers a variety of spaces, including places for silent study. In the Fall 2021 semester, study spaces will be available on a first come first served basis. Please respect physical distancing by not moving furniture.
Test Taking Spaces
Do you need a quiet space to write a test or other in-class assessment? Book a test taking space!
These rooms and seats are not monitored. Buildings and rooms will be open and we trust all students will respect the bookings made by one another and their designated times.
Please review the following guidelines for your booking:
- These rooms are designated quiet test space where talking is not permitted. Please also ensure all cell phones and/or other technology devices are turned off/silent.
- You may access your room/seat no more than 10 minutes before your booking time.
- You must wear a mask or face covering at all times in the room/seat.
- For rooms with multiple seats, please find the seat number listed on your reservation.
- Please do not change seats or move furniture around.
- Food is not allowed in the study seat area.
- Power sources are limited. We recommend students leave home with a fully charged device in case an outlet isn’t available. Public computers are not accessible.
- You may leave before your reservation time ends, or at the end of your reservation time. You are not permitted to extend your time as other student bookings are in place.
- You must leave your room/seat by the end of your booking time. Please exit without lingering or talking with other students.
Important! Please be aware that these spaces will be cleaned daily however they will not be cleaned between uses. We highly recommend students wipe down seats and tables prior to and after use with the cleaning products available in the room.
Prior to entering Lakehead University’s premises, including the test spaces, you must follow and adhere to Lakehead University’s policies and procedures related to COVID-19. To stay informed, please visit the COVID-19 related webpage at Welcome Back: Fall 2021.