When entering The Chancellor Paterson Library, accessibility ramps are provided at the main entrance. Also:
- Enter or exit the Library from the ground floor via the tunnel.
- Elevators in The Chancellor Paterson Library provide access to all floors.
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms are located on all floors in the southeast corner of The Chancellor Paterson Library.
- Wheelchair-accessible water fountains are available on all floors of The Chancellor Paterson Library.
- Parking spaces designated for persons with disabilities are available close to The Chancellor Paterson Library. Contact the University Security Office in UC 1016 or call (807) 343-8569 to inquire about specific locations and special parking stickers.
- Study carrels for students in wheelchairs are located on the Main, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Floors. Please enquire with Library staff for availability and locations.
If you encounter any difficulties using the Library's facilities, services, or equipment, library staff will be glad to help you. If you require more information about services for persons with disabilities, or need to make special arrangements before coming to the Library, please contact:
- Harjinder Rana
- Manager of User Services
- (807) 343-8212
- Email email@example.com
All students can take advantage of the following services:
- Renewals and holds on library materials can be done online or by telephone.
- You can “request” from the library catalogue and library staff will retrieve material from the shelves. Depending on timing and staff availability, retrieval may be immediate or may take up to 24 hours.
- Request from the library catalogue for items to be sent to an alternative library.
The following services are available to persons with disabilities by making arrangements with library staff. Call (807) 343-8225 to arrange:
- Loan periods for reserve materials can be extended under special circumstances. Persons with disabilities can arrange to have another individual check out library material on their behalf. The individual will need to present a letter of authorization and the person's ID card.
- Library staff will provide assistance with photocopying or scanning. Requests can be made to have material photocopied or scanned on your behalf.
Research Help Services
Library staff can povide a basic level of research assistance at the library.
- For more in-depth research needs book a Library Research Consultation.
- Research assistance is provided in person, by telephone (807) 343-8302 or by e-mail.
- Chat online using the Ask a Librarian service.
Equipment and Software
The following equipment/software is loaded onto an accessible computer located on the main floor of The Chancellor Paterson Library (across from LI 1004):
- Kurzweil 3000 reading, writing and learning software
- Inspiration Version 8, mind-mapping software
- Texthelp Read & Write Gold Version 9, designed to assist individuals who require extra assistance when reading or composing text
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking, speech recognition software
- 21" flat screen monitor