The Education Library is located on the main floor of the Bora Laskin Building. The building has an elevator, accessible washrooms and parking for persons with disabilities. The accessible front entrance has automatic doors.
A wheelchair is available for use in the building. Please ask any staff in the Bora Laskin building to access this wheelchair. In the Education Library workstations for students in wheelchairs are available to provide access to the Library’s Online Catalogue and electronic resources.
The following services are available to persons with disabilities by making arrangements with the Education Library staff by calling (807) 343-8718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Renewals and holds on library materials can be done by telephone or email.
- Library staff will retrieve material from the shelves when assistance is required. Depending on timing and staff availability, retrieval may be immediate or may take up to 24 hours. For best results, contact the Circulation Desk in advance. Please provide a list of call numbers if possible.
- Loan periods for reserve material can be extended under special circumstances.
- Persons with disabilities can arrange to have another individual check out library material on their behalf. The individual will need to present a letter of authorization and the person's ID card.
- Education library staff will provide assistance in the use of photocopiers when time and staffing permits. Requests can be made to have material photocopied for a charge of 10 cents per copy. Materials can be dropped off and picked up at the Circulation Desk. Please allow 24 hours for photocopy requests.
- Arrangements can be made to have books sent from the Chancellor Paterson Library to the Education Library. Similar arrangements can be made at the Chancellor Paterson Library.
- Assistance in the use of education library resources is provided in person at the Education Library Circulation Desk, by telephone (807) 343-8718 or by e-mail. It is possible to obtain in-depth specialized research assistance by contacting the Education Librarian (807) 343-8719 to arrange an appointment.
- A Mac Computer and Scanner is available in the Education Library. This MAC computer was placed here by the Student Accessibility Office and is equipped with the following assistive software:
- Inspiration Version 9;
- TextHelp Read & Write Gold Version 4;
- Dragon Dictate 2.0 and
- Kurzweil 3000 Version 4
The Library works with Student Accessibility Services to provide course reserves and other library books in an alternative format when needed. Unpublished materials such as course notes, handouts, etc. will be scanned by Student Accessibility Services staff. Students requiring course reserves or other library books in an alternative format should contact Students Accessibility Services at (807) 343-8047.
If you encounter any difficulties using the Education Library's facilities, services, or equipment the Circulation Desk staff will be glad to help you. If you require more information about services for persons with disabilities, or need to make special arrangements before coming to the Library, please contact:
- Gisella Scalese
- Education Librarian
- (807) 343-8719
- Email email@example.com